26 July 2007

Recipes, Laughs, and Preparations

Recipes:
1) I decided that, since I like vanilla milk but am way too smart to buy it, I would make vanilla syrup. The recipe is:
Bring 1.5 c. water to a boil. Stir in 1.5 c. sugar and 1/8 tsp. salt, then boil that for 3-5 minutes. Take it off the heat and add a few tablespoons of vanilla extract. Let it cool, and put into a bottle. It takes about a tablespoon to flavor a big glass of milk.
2) I also decided that it's ridiculous to buy chicken nuggets when they should be easy to make.
Mix in a large Ziploc bag: 1 c. bread crumbs, 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese, and spices (I used oregano, parsley, mustard powder, garlic powder, a tiny bit of cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper). Toss nugget sized pieces of raw chicken in the bag to thoroughly coat them with the bread crumb mixture. Put them on a baking sheet, bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden in color and cooked through.
Both were complete successes! Yum.

Laughs:
A YouTube video, which I posted here.

Preparations:
Tomorrow morning I leave very early to go downtown and get my visa to go study in France. I think I have everything I need (and extras just in case) so nothing should go wrong.

No comments: